The ReadyUp Discord Bot features a variety of commands for both configuring automatic event syncing and querying event listings manually.
Get a helpful list of bot functions.
Search for upcoming events within the set Widget ID. Use filter options to narrow your search.
Time: Display events within a specified date range.
Game: Display events for a specified game. (*Not all games will appear in the generated list.)
Organization: Display events run by a specified organization. (*Organization names must be entered manually.)
Category: Display events within a specified category.
Genre: Display events within a specified genre.
Language: Display events in a specified language.
Participant: Display events including a specified participant. (*Participant names must be entered manually.)
Platform: Display events on a specified platform.
A list will be generated after a filter is selected to assist you. A filter must include the colon (:) to function. A functioning filter will appear with a black or grey highlight.
Example command: /events time: today
If no <time> option is provided, you will be shown all relevant events within the next 30 days. Filters can be combined to refine results. Example: /events time: today genre: Action
Configure bot settings.
There are several configurable settings for the bot:
- set_widget_id - Enter the Widget ID that you would like the bot to pull events from. If this is not configured, ALL events on ReadyUp will be searchable rather than just the events within the Widget.
Example: /readyup set_widget_id: 555555x5-x5x5-5x5x-xxxx5555
- remove_widget_id - Sets the Widget ID for your server to none, allowing all ReadyUp events to be searchable.
Example: /readyup remove_widget_id: True
- respond_in_channel - When set to True, the bot will respond to /event queries directly in the channel in which the query was made. False will instead have the bot send a DM to the user with the results. If not configured, the default option is False.
Example: /readyup respond_in_channel: True
- sync_events - When set to True, the bot will automatically sync the events filtered by your configured Widget ID into Discord's native event system. Changing this to False will both disable automatic event syncing and remove any Discord event listings that the bot created.
Event sync is enabled by default and will begin syncing events once you've set your Widget ID via the /readyup set_widget_id command.
Example: /readyup sync_events: True
- sync_limit - Sets the maximum number of event listings that will be synced to your server's native event system from ReadyUp, with the default being 20. The bot will sync up to this number of events at once and will sync additional events automatically when previous events have passed.
/readyup sync_limit: 20