While creating events on ReadyUp is simple, this article contains some of our recommendations on how to make your events stand out.
Competition or Standard?
When creating events on ReadyUp, the first decision you will have to make is between selecting a Standard Event or a Competition Event. As a general rule, we recommend creating a Standard Event unless you meet both of the following criteria:
- A strict and well-defined broadcast schedule.
- Less than 32 participants.
Regardless of what type of event you select, the list below contains our best advice for making your events the best they can be.
- Fill out every possible field in the event creation process. Make sure the event description is informative and enticing to your audience.
- Use high-quality images. When creating multiple events, try to vary those images slightly so each event looks unique.
- Make calls-to-action enticing to your audience. Try to think about what things your fans really want and use your CTAs to direct them there. Additionally, you can use CTAs to drive objectives for your business such as directing users to your social channels or store.
- Split longer events into separate events when possible. Turn a month-long event into multiple week-long events, or separate a long event into stages.
- Example: Rather than one event lasting from Nov 1 - Nov 30, create five events (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Finals).